BOCA ENGINEERING Co.
We are a structural engineering firm that specializes in working with new and innovative building technologies in the areas of:
- Building Foundation and Frame
- Structural Components
- Exterior Wall and Roof Cladding
- Fire-Resistive Structures
Our process of bringing advanced technology structural system designs to life is by delivering:
FOR MATERIALS MANUFACTURERS AND DISTRIBUTORS:
- Research and testing programs
- Engineering design guidelines, drawings, and code-compliance reports
- Certifications and regulatory approvals
FOR BUILDING OWNERS AND DEVELOPERS:
- Structural engineering building design plans
FOR COLLABORATING DESIGNER ARCHITECTS AND ENGINEERS:
- Resources to assist in designing buildings with specialty materials
We offer Code Evaluation Compliance Reports of structural building components for use by architectural and structural designers, regulatory officials, and builders. The report format allows for a reader to quickly determine the applicable Code requirements, how compliance is aheived, and apply the information at the design, plan review, and construction phases.
With professional engineering licenses across numerous Canadian and US jurisdictions, our reach extends to every Canadian Province and all US States. We prepare compliance reports for:
- National Building Code of Canada, and BC, Alberta and Ontario provincial Codes
- International Building Code, California and Florida state Codes
- Florida Building Code Evaluation and Validation per Rule 61G20-3 – Product Approval
Our engineering design team provides structural design services for projects featuring advanced technologies building systems:
- Foundation and framing structural building plans for prefabricated and site-built structures.
- Structural and cladding components pre-engineered detail drawings.
Structural building plans services are primarily for projects along the west coast in BC, California, and Washington. We complete designs for:
- Residential Custom Homes, Small and Medium-Rise Multi-family, Commercial, and Industrial construction.
- New Construction, Renovation, Additions, Restoration.
- Buildings in climate areas with seismic, coastal wind/hurricane, and wildfire resilience considerations.
TESTING & APPROVALS:
As a key consultant for building product manufacturers, we prepare a concise, understandable technical documentation package for supply to their market.
- Consulting for building product manufacturers through Product Testing, Inspection, Third-party Certification and Code Evaluation Reports.
- Obtaining and maintaining product certifications and regulatory approvals with accredited agencies such as ICC-ES, CCMC, UL, CSA, Florida Building Commission, Miami-Dade, Cal-Fire, LA City, Intertek, QAI.
- Working with a network of international laboratories, our expertise is in testing systems for Structural Loading, Wind Pressure, Dynamic Wind-Rain, Fire-Resistance, Seismic, Hurricane and Wild Fire exposure.
Contact Us for more information, or to request a quote at any time.