BOCA ENGINEERING CO
We are a structural engineering firm that specializes in working with new and innovative building technologies in the areas of:
- Building Foundation and Frame
- Structural Components
- Exterior Wall and Roof Cladding
- Fire-Resistive Structures
Our process of bringing advanced technology structural system designs to life is by delivering:
FOR MATERIALS MANUFACTURERS AND DISTRIBUTORS:
- Research and testing programs
- Engineering design guidelines, drawings, and code-compliance reports
- Certifications and regulatory approvals
FOR BUILDING OWNERS AND DEVELOPERS:
- Structural engineering building design plans
FOR COLLABORATING DESIGNER ARCHITECTS AND ENGINEERS:
- Resources to assist in designing buildings with specialty materials
OUR SERVICESENGINEERING DESIGN: Our engineering design team provides structural design services for projects featuring advanced technologies building systems:
- Foundation and framing structural building plans for pre-fabricated and site-built structures.
- Components and cladding pre-engineered details and shop drawings.
- Special packages using our in-house developed technical guides for pre-fabricated wood-frame and insulated concrete forms (ICF) structures.
- Residential Custom Homes, Small and Medium-Rise Multi-family, Commercial, and Industrial construction.
- New Construction, Renovation, Additions, Restoration.
- Buildings in climate areas with seismic, coastal wind/hurricane, and wildfire resilience considerations.
- National Building Code of Canada, and BC, Alberta and Ontario provincial Codes
- International Building Code, California and Florida state Codes
- Florida Building Code Evaluation and Validation per Rule 61G20-3 – Product Approval
- Consulting for building product manufacturers through Product Testing, Inspection, Third-party Certification and Code Evaluation Reports.
- Obtaining and maintaining product certifications and regulatory approvals with accredited agencies such as ICC-ES, CCMC, UL, CSA, Florida Building Commission, Miami-Dade, Cal-Fire, LA City, Intertek, QAI.
- Working with a network of international laboratories, our expertise is in testing systems for Structural Loading, Wind Pressure, Dynamic Wind-Rain, Fire-Resistance, Seismic, Hurricane and Wild Fire exposure.